Freight, Return and Warranty Policy
Effective March 1, 2012
All DeVilbiss products, including parts, are covered by this policy. Actual freight charges apply. If products and/or parts are requested to be shipped via expedited means, the actual freight charges will be billed.
- All orders over $3,000 will receive free shipping (freight/handling fee waived) by ground transportation.
Lift gate and inside delivery services are available, these special handling services MUST be requested at the time an order is placed. Quotes for these services will be provided by DeVilbiss Healthcare. All other special handling service requests will be charged to the customer. DeVilbiss will not be held responsible for any special handling charges.
Advance authorization must be received from DeVilbiss Healthcare Customer Service prior to returning product. All return requests must be made in writing by phone, fax, e-mail or mail and channeled through an authorized DeVilbiss Healthcare supplier. All approved returns must be shipped at buyer’s cost as directed in DeVilbiss Healthcare return policy and must be properly packaged as instructed by DeVilbiss Healthcare. Product must be saleable (not a discontinued item and not used). Product or parts returns, which are not approved or are not prepaid, will not be accepted by DeVilbiss Healthcare. Product or Parts returns for non-warranty items are subject to DeVilbiss Healthcare review and are subject to a re-stocking fee based on the following schedule:
- Orders shipped within 90 days of request for return authorization = 25% restocking fee
- Orders shipped beyond 90 days but within 180 days of request = 50% restocking fee
- No returns will be accepted if the request to return the products or parts is made beyond 180 days of the original ship date
- Private labeled, customized or discontinued products are not eligible for return regardless of order date
Your request for return authorization can be phoned, faxed, emailed or mailed to Customer Service and must include:
- Reason for return
- Item number and quantity
- Invoice number, original sales order number or original purchase order number and date. Failure to provide this information will result in credit equal to lowest sale price offered.
- Serial number or date code if applicable
Claims for shortages, errors in delivery or defects apparent on visual inspection must be reported in writing to Customer Service within ten (10) days after receipt of shipment. Buyer's failure to give timely notice of the same shall constitute unqualified acceptance of such shipment. Inspect your order for carton shortages and visible damage before signing the delivery receipt.
- All carton shortages and visible damage must be noted on the delivery receipt at time of signature. Please open and inspect the contents of damaged cartons in conjunction with the driver. Shortage claims and visible damage claims cannot be honored if not noted on the delivery receipt.
- Please inspect the contents of undamaged cartons soon after product arrival. Damage or shortages which are not visible at the time of arrival must be reported to our Customer Service department within 10 calendar days after shipment arrival. Claims received after 10 calendar days will not be honored.
- Damaged merchandise should be retained in original carton.