Interested in working as an Sales Account Manager for DeVilbiss Healthcare - we'd like to hear from you!
Electrical, Industrial & Mechanical Internships (Somerset, PA)
The intern will assist in the development and design of new products by supporting the engineering staff and by focusing on product testing and analysis for this global medical device manufacturer.
Student Learning Objectives
- Put theory to practice
- Develop analytical skills
- Utilize problem-solving technics
- Learn to work as part of a team
- Gain exposure to manufacturing processes
- Conduct data analysis
- Improve communication skills both verbally (small groups) and in writing (test reports)
Account Manager (Latin America)
The desired entrepreneurial candidate will be responsible for developing new and existing markets in Latin America. The candidate must understand consultative selling techniques and have the ability to introduce new DeVilbiss Healthcare products to the marketplace.
- Entrepreneur will develop new markets in Latin America and drive profitable revenue growth in key respiratory products
- Calling on customers, distributors in multiple countries while supporting overall company strategy and growth for Latin America
- Engaging with key government agencies and commercial contacts to build infrastructure within countries
- Providing on-going education to referral sources and supplier base
- Leading support team for optimal organization and customer service within markets
- Manage demo inventory, expenses, marketing investments effectively to promote sales
Assembler (Somerset, PA)
The purpose of this position is to assemble parts to form complete units or sub-assemblies at bench or conveyor line or another assigned location, following detailed written and/or verbal instructions on all work. The ideal candidate is safety conscious, industrious and willing to learn.
- Visually inspect parts to insure they meet our quality standards.
- Assemble components together into sub-assemblies and finished products.
- Conduct tests using specified test equipment as required by the product test specifications.
- Reading assembly procedures, test specifications and blueprints as required to build products to specifications.
- Enter data working with computers as required.
Entry Level Embedded Firmware Engineer (Somerset, PA)
The ideal candidate will possess strong technical skills and be an excellent team player. Additionally, the candidate must be a good communicator with superior analytical skills who is interested in developing innovative products that improve people’s lives.
- Interact with marketing to create specification of features and architecture of embedded platforms and components for new products.
- Design and develop embedded software for medical equipment.
- Document all aspects of software development including requirements, specifications, architecture and design document, and test plans.
- Participate in detailed cross-functional team design reviews.
Integrate and troubleshoot embedded software with hardware platforms.
Industrial Engineer (Somerset, PA)
This position will serve as the primary Manufacturing Engineering representative for process optimization, assembly documentation, and test station validation.
This position will also serve as a Manufacturing Engineering lead during the New Product Design Process to ensure that key DFM features and practices are inherent in the products that are released to Manufacturing so that the project-specific target costs are met (unit costs and labor costs). This position will be responsible for reviewing current assembly methods and setups in an attempt to eliminate non-value added processes that result in an annual manufacturing cost reduction in excess of 5%.
- Research manufacturing and shop floor technologies and processes in an effort to implement more ergonomically sound, practical, and efficient fixtures and processes throughout the factory.
- Analyze existing process and test data to highlight statistical trends or shifts that may impact product performance, product life expectancy, or manufacturing throughput.
- Apply statistical methods to determine optimal manufacturing processes, staff requirements, and production standards.
- Estimate production costs and effects of product design changes for management review, action, and control.
- Provide feedback to various departments within the company (R&D Engineering, Manufacturing Supervision, QC, and Purchasing) regarding cost saving initiatives and projects designed to increase manufacturing throughput.
Mechanical Engineer (MFG) (Somerset, PA)
This position will work under the supervision of the Manufacturing Engineering Manager. Most areas of responsibility will be reviewed on a monthly basis in the form of progress reports and project status updates. Many projects will span in excess of 4-6 months, with key project milestones being reviewed as defined by the master project schedules. Expected deliverables will be reviewed for thoroughness, timeliness, and overall effectiveness.
- Serve as a team member in the New Product Development Engineering groups in order to provide technical support during the development and initial manufacturing stages of new medical devices. Design the jigs, tooling, fixturing, and assembly work cells that are required for new product introductions.
- Research manufacturing and shop floor technologies and processes in an effort to implement more ergonomically sound, practical, and efficient fixture and tooling designs in the factory
- Establish quality parameters for processes and parts – as well as perform process capability studies, part inspections, and dimensional tolerance analyses
- Provide feedback to various departments within the company (R&D Engineering, Manufacturing Supervision, QC, and Purchasing) regarding cost saving initiatives, projects designed to increase manufacturing throughput, and assembly method and equipment improvements designed to mistake-proof the existing shop floor practices.
DeVilbiss Healthcare LLC is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All candidates are selected solely on the basis of legally permissible job related criteria.