Mechanical Engineer PSE Mid-Level (Somerset, PA)
The ideal candidate will possess strong technical skills and a solid foundation in mechanical engineering theory and relevant product development experience. Additionally, must be a good communicator and an excellent team player who is interested in being part a company that develops innovative medical products that improve people's lives.
This position will work under the direct supervision of the Manufacturing Engineering Manager and be the mechanical representative for the Product Sustaining Engineering Team. The main duties will include qualifying product enhancements, reducing costs of existing products, and assisting in the timely resolution of field issues.
- Conduct investigations of technical complaints, including, but not limited to, device evaluation, root cause determination, and participation in trend analysis. Lead and/or conduct complaint reduction activities as required.
- Daily actions are focused on resolving the top five issues as identified by QC's monthly Pareto Analyses.
- Serve as a liaison among QC, R&D, Manufacturing Engineering, Product Management, Technical Service, Repair, and Supply Chain to coordinate activities related to product and manufacturing improvements.
- Work effectively with Operations team members and suppliers to qualify new internal/external manufacturing processes and changes to existing processes and components.
- Support the Manufacturing Engineers with specific product information to improve testing of devices. Support Manufacturing Engineering by maintaining strong product knowledge. Review production testing data for trending purposes.